If you are like me, and won’t eat the usual pudding from a mix due to the high sugar content, you’ll want to try this recipe!
- 6 Tbspns (half of a 3/4 cup) Splenda (or sugar if you don’t want low carb)
- 1 Tbspn cornstarch
- 1/5 tsp salt (ie: just a pinch)
- 1 cup 18% cream (or milk) ** If you use the 18% cream, it curdles, and makes small chunks of cheese in the pudding, so you COULD call the pudding “Microwave Chocolate Cheese Pudding”!
- 2 squares unsweetened chocolate
At end of recipe, you’ll need:
- 1 egg
- 1Tbspn butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix first 5 ingredients in a 3 Qt microwavable bowl for 2 minutes, then whisk. Microwave 3 more times for 1 minute each time, whisking at the end of each 1 minute. (Microwave time is total of 5 minutes).
- When done, take out of microwave, and blend. (I use an old-fashioned egg-beater type blender). Pudding should be thick and smooth.
- Set aside on a rack to cool a bit.
- Whip egg in a small bowl with egg beater until smooth.
- Drop 1 Tbspn of hot pudding into egg and beat again.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pudding and blend.
- Microwave another 1 minute, which makes sure the egg is cooked.
- Remove from microwave, add butter & vanilla, and blend again until smooth.
- Ladle into 3-4 serving dishes (or leave in large bowl).
- Once it’s cooled off, cover, and refrigerate.
This pudding is very rich with the 18% Cream, so you likely won’t need a big bowl-full to satisfy you!