I got this recipe from my granddaughter Lauren, and I will tell you right up front that tofu hasn’t been one of my go-to foods. In THIS recipe’s case I’ve changed my mind – It is absolutely delicious!
- Extra Firm Tofu (non-GMO). One serving is approximately 1/4 of a block as in picture.
- Sesame Seeds (or Chia Seeds)
- Kraft Asian Sesame Dressing (this just happens to be a vegan dressing) to coat the tofu.
- Cooked Rice (or brown rice, rice noodles, or any other vegetable you normally use in a stir fry).
- 1/2 tsp of Coconut Oil or to taste
1.) Make your stir fry/rice and set aside.
2.) Fry your tofu, seeds and dressing on medium heat until tofu is approaching being crispy on the edges. Make sure you turn it a few times.
3. Just before your tofu is crispy, add your stir fry ingredients to it. Mix and turn until done.
Tofu is a good source of protein and contains all nine essential amino acids. It is also a valuable plant source of iron and calcium and the minerals manganese, selenium and phosphorous. In addition, tofu is a good source of magnesium, copper, zinc and vitamin B1.