- 1/2 Cup Whole wheat flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1 Tbspn Maple Flakes (or Stevia), or Granulated sugar
- 1/3 tsp Salt – just a dash
- 2 Tbspn Cold butter
- 1/4 Cup 2% Milk
- 1/4 Cup water
- In mixing bowl put flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Add butter.
- Cut into dry ingredients until mixture is crumbly.Add milk/water.
- Stir with a fork until soft dough.
- Turn out on a lightly floured surface. Knead ’til smooth – 8 to 10 times.
- Cut with round 2 inch cookie cutter, or shape round. Flatten down a bit to 3/4” high or so.
- Arrange on ungreased baking sheet close together for soft sides, 1 inch apart for crisp sides.
- Bake at 450 degrees Fahrenheit oven for 12 to 15 minutes until browned. Serve with butter.
Yield: 10 to 12 biscuits.