Number of Servings: About 16 Rolls (smaller), (or 5 small rolls and ONE loaf in
9”x5” Metal loaf pan)
Ingredients (** Updated water amount from 1-1/2 to 1- 3/4 cups)
1-3/4 Cups water
1/4 Cup olive oil or flax oil
2 Tablespoons honey
1 teaspoons sea salt
2 Heaping Tablespoons Flax seed, ground
1 Tablespoon Chia Seeds
1 Tablespoon molasses
4 Cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons instant yeast
Layer the ingredients into the bread machine pan in the order given. Set the bread machine onto the Dough Cycle (for our Black and Decker, that’s 5 o’clock position, set to #8). Press Start (7 o’clock position). When the dough is done, form into rolls/or 5 rolls/1 loaf. To make 16, they will be a bit smaller. (Shape dough on fingers to look like a mushroom top. Fold dough over on itself – this basically puts some air into the center of the bun). Place onto stone baking sheet. Cover and allow to rise for about 30 minutes, or until doubled in size.
Brush with egg or butter if you wish.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.Info below is correct, except Chia Seeds not included in Nutrional Facts chart. Very minimal.
INGREDIENT INFO BREAKDOWN:
* 1/4 cup Olive Oil 14 Calories per serving
* 2 tbsp Honey, Strained Or Extracted 4 Calories per serving
* 1 tsp Salt, Table 0 Calories per serving
* 1 tbsp Molasses 2 Calories per serving
* 4 cup Wheat Flour, White, All-purpose, Enriched, Bleached 57 Calories per serving
* 2 tsp Leavening agents, yeast, baker’s, active dry 1 Calorie per serving
* 2 tbsp, ground Flaxseed, 2 Calories per serving.
* Chia Seeds, 1 tbsp = .75 g carbs