Breadsticks by Keith
1.) Use the Whole Wheat recipe below to get your dough, then:
2.) Sprinkle the following on your island/table, making sure it’s mixed well. (about a tsp of each– you can always double it up):
* dried oregano
* dried thyme
* parsley flakes
* onion flakes or powder
* garlic powder
3.) Roll your dough out to 8 or 10 inch pieces, and roll over the spice mixture, coating all sides. The spices will work their way into the dough.
4.) Bake at about 350 for 20-25 mins.
Whole Wheat Breadmaker Rolls/Bread Recipe
Number of Servings: About 16 Rolls (smaller), (or 5 small rolls and ONE loaf in 9”x5” Metal loaf pan) Will make about 16 larger bread sticks, too.
- 1-1/2 Cups water
- 1/4 Cup olive oil, flax oil, or grapeseed oil
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 2 Heaping Tablespoons Flax seed, ground
- 1 Tablespoon Chia Seeds
- 1 Tablespoon molasses
- 4 Cups whole wheat flour (or for oat bread: 3/4C ground oats, 3 1/4C whole wheat flour).
- 2 teaspoons instant breadmaker yeast
- Layer the ingredients into the bread machine pan in the order given. Set the bread machine onto the Dough Cycle.
- When the dough is done, form into rolls/or 5 rolls/1 loaf. To make 16, they will be a bit smaller.
- Place onto oiled stone baking sheet, and or 9×15 Metal Loaf Pan. Cover and allow to rise for about 30 minutes, or until doubled in size.
- Brush with egg or butter if you wish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.