Best Microwave Cake I’ve created so far – Quick, Easy, and Tasty!
Prep Time: 2 minutes Cook Time: 2 minutes Total Time: 4 minutes Servings: 1 cake – approx 4” round.
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tb 3.25% milk (or 2 Tb low-fat blueberry or other Yogurt. Cake even rises better with the Yogurt!)
- 1 Tb Splenda Powder (one-to-one replacement for sugar)
- 1 Tb ground flaxseed
- 2 Tb unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- dash salt
** Optional: 2 Tb Raisins, which would add 16g carbs to the Net Carbs.
- Mix chocolate cake ingredients together very well, and pour into a lightly oil-sprayed ramekin or mug.
- Microwave for 1 minute at CENTER of microwave.(and then shots of 30 secs, 20 secs, 20 secs, 10 Secs, with the ramkin at the edge of the Microwave, or until middle on top is just barely not sticking to your finger). Total of about 3 mins cooking time, depending on your microwave.
- Once out of Microwave, put on cooling rack, and COVER with a plate for 2 minutes. Then remove plate and let it cool. (This will help the center finish baking and rising ).
- Top with fruits of your choice, some low cal frozen yogurt or ice-cream, or even a layer of sliced almonds and sugar free chocolate icing!
Net Carbs: 3g (or 19g if adding raisins. Add another 5g to that if you
use yogurt instead of milk, so total would be 24g Carbs. This doesn’t
include the toppings you may put on it!
So, for a diabetic, it would be a good trade off to just use yogurt and no
raisins, for a total of 8g of net carbs. Not too shabby for such a great tasting treat … And the flax is good for you!