- 1/2 normal coffee mug of assorted frozen fruit (blueberries, strawberries, bit of pineapple pieces, etc)
- 1 Tbsp of lemon juice
- 1/2 Tbsp of Splenda or Stevia one-to-one sugar replacement (optional), or to taste
- 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- Put the 1 tbsp of lemon juice and the chia seeds into a small glass, and stir. Set aside, and let it sit for 5 minutes to swell up the seeds.
- Microwave the mug of frozen fruit in 1 minute increments, until the fruit is hot and runny.
- Mash up the fruit with a fork or spoon, then put the chia seed and lemon juice into the mug along with the hot fruit. Stir the mixture again, and let sit for another 5 minutes or so.
- Add the now-thawed, partial mashed up fruit into a blender. Add the contents of your mug to a blender and mix for 45 seconds. (You can also just mash it up as best you can with a fork)
- Pour out into glass jar, screw the cap on, and you are done!
Keep refrigerated. Lasts a week or so in the fridge.
Make sure you let the chia seeds soak in the liquids as indicated above, as they will cause your jam to thicken. Once it’s been put into your jar and into the fridge, it should thicken up even more!