Keith’s very own recipe. (These are much healthier for you than the usual cinnamon rolls at a fast food place!)
Use the Whole Wheat Chia/Flax Breadmaker Rolls recipe. See that here.
- 1/4 cup Maple Flakes
- 1/2 C Splenda (the powdery kind that’s a one-for-one replacement for sugar)
- 2 heaping teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup margarine (1/2 stick), room temperature
- 1 cup raisins, Divided
- 3/4 Cup Splenda, 1/4 Cup Coconut Sugar (or 1/4 Cup Maple Flakes)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons milk
– After mixing, microwave the glaze for about 45 seconds, and stir again.
Roll out dough on floured surface to about 1/2” thick. Evenly spread filling around on the dough.
Add the extra 1/2 Cup of raisins across the dough, and press them in.
Divide the flattened dough in half, then into long 1/2” strips, roll them to make them into tubes, then tightly roll each tube up in a pinwheel style.
Put on buttered parchment paper that’s in a metal cookie sheet (one with sides, as the glaze will run).
Set aside to raise. Once raised (about 1/2 hour), coat each one with good amount of glaze by the spoonful.
Bake at 350F on the middle rack for about 20 mins or until done.