Lasagna Stew, 05 April 2020
Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 30 mins Total Time: 40 mins. Yield: 6 Servings
• 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
• 14 oz sweet Italian sausage (if in a casing, remove it)
• 1/2 onion (chopped)
• 2 crushed cloves garlic, or 2 tsp garlic powder
• 1 Tbsp ground parsley (or fresh that’s shredded up)
• 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
• 2 cups water
• 2 cups quick marinara sauce, or other sauce such as Herb and Garlic sauce.
• 1 tsp ground Bay leaves
• 1/3 tsp fresh black pepper
• 12 oz broken lasagna noodles (Approximately 5 or 6 pieces 1′ long)
Gravy Mix: (thickens things up!)
Separately, make a gravy mix in a microwaveable coffee mug half full of water:
3 Tbsp Corn Starch, 1 Tbsp Gravy flavour, 1 Tbsp gravy spices mixture,
Kitchen Bouquet flavouring and microwave for 2 minutes, or until thickened. Stir, set aside. (Re-microwave for a minute if not thickened)
• Shredded mozzarella cheese, grated parmesan cheese, cottage cheese or sour cream.
(Put in a bowl for later, or while things are cooking). Set aside.
Instant Pot Directions (Two steps – the Lasagna mix, then the noodles)
1) Press Saute on the Instant Pot and put olive oil in it. Add the sausage and cook about 4 to 5 minutes, or until browned, breaking it up as it cooks with a spoon or spatula.
2) Add the chopped onion and crushed garlic and cook another 2 to 3 minutes. Press cancel to shut off.
3) Add parsley, broth/gravy mixture, water, marinara or other sauce, ground bay leaves, fresh black pepper; and your broken lasagna noodles.
4.) Cover and cook high pressure 12 minutes.
5.) Once the Instant Pot has finished, do a quick steam release.
6.) Open, and add the lasagna noodles in and stir. Put lid back on Instant Pot, set for 3 minutes on Manual.
7.) When done, release the steam, open, and stir. You are done!
8.) Serve in individual bowls, add topping and salt/pepper to taste.