Instant Pot Italian Stew
6 Quart Instant Pot
- Total Time: 35 minutes Yield: 7 (6 Qt.)
- 2 lbs (10 medium size) potatoes, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 4 or 5 large mushrooms, chopped
- 1 Cup assorted frozen veggies
- 1 tsp garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 Cup Endameme Beans (or 1 cup frozen peas )
- 4 Italian sausages, squeezed out of their ‘tube’, cubed
(I defrost the 4 frozen sausages for 12 minutes in Microwave. That’s just right!)
Dont’ go over the fill line in Instapot with the ingredients! Remove some potatoes if need be!
- 2 cups broth (any kind will do).
- 1 cup Water (or you can use 10 or 18% cream to thicken it up and make stew richer – it will curdle a bit – no problem though.)
(Make and set aside, don’t add to Instant Pot)!
Put into a microwave safe coffee Mug:
1.) 1 C water, 3 Tbspns Corn Starch, 1 tsp Kitchen Bouquet Browning Sauce, 1/2 Tbsp Organic Broth Powder (Green jar). Stir very well.
2.) Microwave for 90 Seconds. Restir. Do for another 60 Seconds. Stir. If it is really nice and thick, then you are done! If not, zap again in 30 Sec shots.
- In Instant Pot, add all ingredients above (except the gravy) and stir. Press Manual, 12 Minutes. (Takes 15-20 mins to start up, then cooks for the 12 minutes).
- Once Instant Pot is finished, slowly release the pressure. Then add the gravy that you made in the microwave.
- Turn the Instant Pot to Saute, and stir the gravy mix in. Doesn’t take long, as the mixture is still pretty hot!
- Once it’s thickened up, turn off and unplug the Instant Pot.
- Set aside to cool off a bit. Serve and enjoy!