- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup natural bran
- 1 cup buttermilk or 1 cup sour milk
- 1⁄3 cup cooking oil
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Stir well. Push up around sides of bowl making well in center.
- In another bowl stir buttermilk with bran. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Add remining ingredients to bran mixture in order given. Beat with spoon until mixd. Pour into well in flour mixture and stir to moisten. Batter will be lumpy.
- Fill greased muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan.