*** Keith’s Note: I used to eat a ton of this when I lived in Germany in the 70’s. It’s a great dish!
· 1 (3 pound) German bologna block
· 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh chives (Note: optional, as I never use this)
· 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh parsley (or parsley flakes if you’re stuck!)
· 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
· 1 small onion, finely chopped
· 4 Dill pickles, finely chopped.
· 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
· 2 tablespoons vegetable oil …. canola oil is best for this. It’s not supposed to be light tasting, such as it might be if you used light virgin olive oil. But suit yourself!
1. Slice the bologna into 1/4 inch thick slices, and then into 1/4 inch strips going down the entire length of the block. It should look like big spaghetti. Place in a serving bowl.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the vinegar and oil. Stir in the garlic, onion, tomato, chives and parsley. Slice the pickles lengthwise into spears, and add them to the dressing. Pour over the bologna, and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. Serve cold.