- 2/3 Cup of milk in measuring cup, then fill with warm water so total milk and water is 1 & 1/8 cups combined
- 1/4 Cup of Sour Cream (or Plain Greek Yogurt)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 1/2 teaspoons Instant yeast
- 1/2 Cup white flour
- 2 1/2 Cups whole wheat flour
- *** You can vary amounts of whole wheat/white, as long as total amount is 3 cups
- Put hot water into the breadmaker drum so it just covers the paddle. Let sit for 2 or 3 minutes to heat up the drum, then dump out hot water.
- Add the milk and water mixture, the sour cream (or yogurt), lemon juice, olive oil, and salt into the breadmaker drum.
- Add the white flour and the whole wheat flour.
- Add the yeast to the top of the ingredients.
- Put breadmaker on dough cycle and make your dough.
- After your dough comes out of the breadmaker, divide it in two into log shapes, and place into two lightly oiled glass loaf pans. Punch down so it’s evenly flat in the loaf pans.
- Cover, put in warm place, and let it rise (35 to 45 minutes or so), or until it has risen to the top of your loaf pans.
- Bake on center rack for 34 minutes at 350F, or until light golden brown, and makes a hollow sound if you tap it with your fingers. Bottom should be slightly brown and also a lighter hollow sound when tapped.
** You can also make great rolls! Makes about 16 or so. Divide dough into 16 equal-sized balls, and place into lightly greased 9×9 glass cake pan. (They don’t have to be tight together, as they will rise and join together.)