Plant Based Burgers, Version Two
(This recipe yields 3 Burgers…. feel free to double it up!)
These are based in large part on using the ingredients of the Vegetarian Chili recipe that I’ve made. You need to do that recipe first! (see Vegetarian Chili recipe here). The advantages of this? Well, you get tons of Veggie Chili for meals, and then lots to make more plant based burgers as you wish! Once you have the Vegetarian Chili made, you can also use it to make great tasting Chili Tacos (Or use another Chili Taco recipe here).
1/2 Cup Vegetarian Chili (recipe here)
2 tsp Bullseye Steakhouse Steak Sauce
1/2 tsp Kitchen Bouquet browning sauce
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1 Tbsp finely cut white onion
5 Tbsp of large flake oats
2 Tbsp Whole wheat flour
- Mix all of the above in a medium sized bowl.
- Mash the mixture with a spoon. Don’t worry if you don’t mash everthing!
- Once mashed, make into fairly thin patties.
- Put 2 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan, and put on low heat (5 on our stove).
- Carefully place the patties into the olive oil once the pan is up to temperature.
- You don’t want the heat too high, as these patties will burn easily!
- Add more olive oil as you go, as the burgers soak it up while cooking. Don’t skimp on the olive oil, as it really helps the burger’s texture to become more “burger-like”.
They are done when they have a pleasant looking “burger-like” surface!