1¼ cups Quick rolled oats
¾ cup all-purpose flour * I used pastry flour
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon ginger
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ cup margarine
1/3 cup Maple Flakes or brown sugar
½ cup Splenda (you could use white sugar!)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup chopped raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350º.
2. Stir together oats, flour, cinnamon, ginger, salt and baking powder.
3. In another bowl, cream the margarine, brown sugar or maple flakes and Splenda with electric mixer or by hand. Beat in egg and vanilla.
4. Stir in dry ingredients, then raisins.
5. Drop by heaping teaspoonful onto baking sheets sprayed with cooking Spray. Flatten a bit with fork.
6. Bake on top rack for 30-40 minutes or so ’til golden. Cool on wire rack.
** I used Pastry Flour vs All Purpose flour. Came out very tasty,
but a bit crumbly. Next time, either switch to All Purpose Flour,
or add another egg!